Lisa Logue Books

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Complete Breakfast

I was craving eggs pretty badly this morning, which is rare, so I got my butt up and went to Kroger. I decided to try the "Break-free" egg substitute instead of regular eggs and was pleasantly surprised!! It was actually really good. Instead of getting hash browns, I made my own variation and that turned out really good, too. All in all, I was able to put together a complete breakfast for 563 calories. The only thing missing was fruit, but that's because I'm going to have some for a snack later :). Here's my recipe:


 
1 Medium potato, softened, peeled, quartered
1 cup or 1/4 c measured of Kroger Break-free egg product
1/4 onion, diced
1 tbsp Kroger Butter It's Not (cooking spray or equiv.)
3 strips Butterball Everyday Turkey Bacon (optional)
1 Nature's Own Thin Sliced Plain Bagel
2 tbsp Philadelphia Garden Vegetable 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
1/4 c Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided (optional)

1. Peel, wash and quarter potato. You can either boil on stovetop or place in microwave safe bowl filled 1/4 full with water for 3 minutes to soften. Chop 1/4 onion to desired thickness, set aside. Place 1/2 tbsp Butter It's Not in pan or spray with cooking spray and place softened potatoes in pan on medium heat. Saute until edges begin to brown, add onion. Continue cooking until onions begin to brown. Scoop onto plate and sprinkle with 1/8 cup shredded cheese (optional).

2. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp Butter It's not to pan, lower hear and pour 1/4 cup measured or 1 cup pre-measured Break-free egg to pan. Eggs will cook quickly, so be sure to remaining shredded cheese if desired. Place eggs on top of hashbrown mixture on plate.

3. Place the strips of Turkey Bacon in the pan on medium heat. These will not crisp like regular bacon, but will get "harder" one they sit. These will only need to be in the pan for about 3 minutes. Add to plate as well.

4. Spread cream cheese on either side of bagel and plate with the rest of the meal. 


Undoubtedly, you can save some calories by cutting out the butter and using cooking spray and not using cheese. However, this will be filling and you won't want to eat twenty minutes later. You can substitute the bacon for fruit or anything else you'd like. Possibly the most important point is that you won't be able to tell the difference between the Break-free eggs and regular ones. They tasted just like normal eggs. 

As I find hearty meals, I'll be posting it for you all. I'll be pinning my recipes also so don't forget to follow me on Pinterest

Thanks, guys!
~Lisa Logue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!