Lisa Logue Books

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sara Barnard- Guest Author!

Sara Barnard
Author of Children's Literature and Adult Historical Romance

 Sara Barnard is a military wife whose own heart has been on hold more often than not.  She holds her B.A. in History.  Her work has appeared in numerous anthologies, including REFRACTION (Marble Press, 2010), THE HARSH AND THE HEART: CELEBRATING THE MILITARY (Silver Boomer Books, 2011), CAMPFIRE TALES (Coolwell Press, 2012), and will appear in an upcoming Canadian anthology titled LIFESTYLES.  She is a member of Romance Writers of America and Abilene Writers Guild.





In addition to reading and writing, Sara loves helping her children with their homework, spending time outdoors with her family, and traveling. Sara, her husband, and their four beautiful children live in the historic Oklahoma hills along with their three rescue dogs, two cats, two rescue kittens, eleven chickens, and one awesome horse. Let's see what else Sara has to tell us about her journey...

How long have you been a writer?
For as long as I can remember! I won my first writing contest in the 3rd grade and constantly came up with adjectives that described my animals. For instance, when I was eight, I remember we Sevin-Dusted our dogs. My dog, Callie, went bounding through a giant white spot of Sevin dust and I recall thinking "And Callie bounded happily through the Sevin dust ..."
 

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Perseverance, faith, trust. Oh yeah, and above all, LOVE. Love for Him and for him!
 

Are any of your characters based on real people or events?
Yes. In my children's story "The Big Bad Wolf Really Isn't So Big and Bad", the narrator, Cocoa, is based on my late wolf-hybrid of the same name. In A Heart on Hold, Sanderson is based on two people: Captain E.A. Adams of the Confederate Army who really died in Alton Confederate Prison, after lasting longer than most of his comrades, three days before the war ended; and my sweet husband. Cotton is based on my eldest son, while the three children Charlotte has to rescue is based loosely on the rest of my children. Minerva is based on my best friend, Rochelle, while in Charlotte, I tried to show a little of myself. In all honesty, Jackson is based on Jackson Rathbone's character in Twilight.
 

What else would you like readers to know about you or your work?
I am a metal head. At work, I received a call from the management representing some eighties hair metal bands who want to write books about their lives. When the management official told me their names, I squealed like a groupie. Sheesh.
 

What are five miscellaneous facts about you?
I was almost a guest on The Next Great Baker.
I used to dance at Powwows.
I watch mostly nonfiction nature shows if I have control of the remote ... if I don't, it is either Pocoyo or jail shows.
I am trying semi-hard to learn French.
I have been accepted to graduate school in hopes of earning my Master's degree in Fish and Wildlife management.

 


Sara's current publication, A Heart on Hold, is the first in the 'An Everlasting Heart' series. Books two and three are coming soon, so be sure to visit her blog, website, Facebook pages and more to check for updates! Here's the blurb from A Heart on Hold:


Charlotte’s lips only took a moment to find those belonging to her beloved.  He tasted faintly of molasses and she was immediately drawn into the warmth of his embrace.  Their bodies were perfectly pressed together, fitting as though one had been divinely made for the other, as Sanderson’s kisses trailed from Charlotte’s lips down her neck.  
    Her hands found his softly stubbled face and guided him back to her lips.  With his strong arms around her, she’d never felt more safe.  Or more vulnerable.  
 

War.  Devotion.  Deceit.  Death.  How long can a heart hold on before it breaks?  Most women would carry on with their lives after being thrust into widowhood, but not Charlotte Adamsland. Upon learning that her husband, Captain Sanderson Redding, was killed in a botched escape from a Confederate prison in Illinois, she clings to his promise to return to her no matter what, and quickly heads north through a war-ravaged country with only her faith in God and her beloved horse to bring her beloved Sanderson home – one way or another.


You can find Sara at the following links: 
www.sarathreesuns.blogspot.com
www.sarabarnardbooks.com
sarathreesuns@gmail.com
facebook.com/sara.barnard6
facebook.com/sarabarnardbooks




Thank you for joining me tonight, Sara! Much luck and love on your journey! :)
~Lisa Logue

3 comments:

  1. Lisa!! Thank you so much for hosting me today!! I just signed the contract for books 2-4 of AN EVERLASTING HEART series, so I hope I get to see u again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's great! I'd love to have you back :)

      Delete

Drop a line!