Lisa Logue Books

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rebekah Roberts- Guest Author!!

Rebekah Roberts
Author of Petals


Rebekah Roberts’ obsession with fairytales, romance, and Jesus came at an early age. She knew as a young teen that she wanted to write books for girls that were both fun to read and good for them.
While working as a nanny and volunteering in her church’s youth group, Rebekah continues her mission to write wholesome romances and uses fiction as a platform for The Unfolding Rose Ministries; where she helps to promote true beauty and self confidence in girls.
Rebekah was homeschooled through high school.  She continued her education at Moore Norman Technology, where she studied creative writing. She uses her education to instill a love of the craft in the next generation through teaching writing classes.
Growing up in small town Oklahoma, she loves the old south and history, which finds its way into her writing and everyday conversation with dreams of plantation houses, WWII dances, and Victorian trivia. She has a passion for taking an old story and making it new.
When she is not writing or working with youth, she loves to watch sci-fi movies with family or enjoy a pot of tea with good friends.

Rebekah's likes to experience life through many avenues, the most important being writing. Her outlook on life is refreshing and her values strike a deep cord in her work and beyond. Let's take a look at how she does it...

What genre(s) do you write?
Christian Teen Romance, but every now and then I have to take a break and write a little horror. 

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
That everything has beauty in it and that God uses that beauty to do great things. I want every girl, (or guy) that reads my book to feel like they too are beautiful and that they are important. 

What other careers have you had?
Wow, I have been everything from a receptionist at a funeral home to a full time nanny. I’ve been a home school teacher, a personal assistant, a waitress, a dog/cat sitter, a sales person and I’ve worked at a dry cleaners. I feel like there are far too many interesting things to do out there to just pick one, but throughout it all I have been a writer. I think all of those jobs have helped me not only be a better person, (ie. I try to tip better now) but a better writer. 

What's something fans would find fascinating about you?
Oh, that’s so hard. When you live in your own skin, your life seems sort of boring, but I guess, the fact that I played drums in a rock band from the ages of nine to twenty, is pretty cool. I grew up in this exclusive world of local independent (or indie) bands. It’s a very close knit community and I learned a lot from those years. I never wanted to be a professional musician and i am glad I chose writing over the band, but I still miss those days. There is nothing that compares getting all the beats just right. It’s a thrill like no other.

What are some miscellaneous facts about you?
I am 24 years old.

I’m an avid walker, I take the twins that I nanny out on a walk every morning and I love to go walking by myself or with a friend.

I played the Scarecrow of Oz in my church’s huge interactive play and I just got the cast list, so I am excited to be playing it again this year.

Before I went gluten-free my favorite snack was cold egg-rolls, now I love to chop up a banana and put a little salt on it. 


You can find Rebekah at the following links:
http://www.facebook.com/RebekahRobertsWriter
https://twitter.com/RebekahFRoberts
www.RebekahRoberts.net



Thank you for sharing with me and my little piece of the universe and bearing with me while I worked out my technical issues. I wish you all the best and that you have much success!
~Lisa Logue

 


 
“Beauty might just be the beast.”

    Calla Williams is not like other girls. Most girls spend their whole lives trying to be beautiful, Calla already is…and she hates it.
    When she is shipped off one summer to live with family friends in their dilapidated Mississippi plantation, Calla is faced with the prospect of living with strangers and their teenage son. This is annoying because, like any other boy, he is sure to fall in love with her on sight. However, Griffin Davenport is not your typical teenage guy. With his hot temper and half of his face severely
scarred, “hate at first sight” is closer to what she finds. 

    Though the two teens try to stay out of each other’s way, an odd attraction to each other makes staying away anything but easy.
    Now, Calla must deal with growing feelings, her own prejudices, and finding the secret to Griffin’s past. As hate turns to friendship and friendship becomes something more, Calla learns a startling truth: God uses even how we look in His plan for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!