Lisa Logue Books

Monday, October 8, 2012

First Convention/Event...Success??

Being fairly new to the publishing scene, it's hard to determine what is a success and what isn't. Some dictate that success simply means you were about to hand out business cards and yell your name over the crowd, while others pose success as so much more. I haven't had enough experience to gauge success, but I'm getting there...I think.

This weekend, I participated as a vendor at the Handmade & Bound Nashville event. It was an arts festival/convention and they promote a little bit of everything. Although self-publishing doesn't constitute me making the books myself, I pretty much have done everything else, so I said what the hell and there I was. My wonderful and supporting boyfriend, Brian, toughed it out for the six hours we entertained a few people with the new learning experience.

I sold a few copies, put the bug in many ears and ultimately got a feel for what I need to do from here on out. It wasn't incredibly fun, as work is work, but it was more fun than my desk job!! I got to meet some really nice and talented people all while promoting each other and listening to some good music.

Overall, for the very first event I think it went fairly well. Hopefully, I'll be a little more in my element next time. Here's a few photos that we were able to take :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!