Lisa Logue Books

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sights and Sounds

So over the past few weeks, I've discovered quite a bit about what it means to be an indie author. Not only must you put up with criticism (good and bad) from your peers and readers, but you must also be able to carry a load the size of Texas on your back. Between writing, editing, marketing, blogging, networking, and publishing things get a bit crazy.

But there is a silver lining. Some of it is...dare I say fun? Recently I've been working with my very talented graphic artist on a book trailer. For those of you who don't know, this is like a movie trailer for a book. Author R. Lynn's book trailer for The Descendants is a great example of a good book trailer:




Since R. Lynn was so kind to refer me to my wonderful graphic artist, I can also trust her judgement on what makes a great trailer! So stay tuned folks, the finish product should be out soon. In the mean time, enjoy this book trailer and keep an eye out for R. Lynn. She's taking the place by storm! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!