Lisa Logue Books

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Teaser

     One of the most challenging parts about writing a novel is catching the attention of my readers. When I choose a book, I want to be intrigued. Giving away just enough information without giving it all away is key. Teaser #1 after the break. Enjoy!






“Do you want to know what I see when I look at you?” hesitantly I nodded. 
       
“I see someone who is more afraid of herself than any other being on the planet. I see a woman who has been forced to lead a sheltered and miserable life because of pain she’s too afraid to let go of. Someone who cares so much about the people she loves that she would run to the end of the earth and back if need be. But most of all, I see the Lia you’re afraid to see. You are amazing. You don’t even know the type of power you possess or how truly unique you are. You will never forget anything that has caused you pain, but if you can forgive yourself you can start to heal and learn to grow into someone even more incredible than you already are. Now tell me what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t want you to see what I see?” I felt the heat in my cheeks and my heart thundered in my chest. My eyes stung from the tears. I wanted to be that Lia, but I was so lost I was lucky to remember my name.
          
“Thank you. I don’t really know what to say. There are so many things I’m afraid of and I don’t know how to live my life without it. Fear has crippled me for so long…”I shook my head and forced the anxiety and pain away.He didn't need to witness a mental breakdown.

~Lia & Christian





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!