Lisa Logue Books

Monday, December 19, 2011

Give me art!

     My vision of art comes from words. I can't draw to save my life. Those who know me can attest to the fact that anything I draw looks like one of my kids did it. In fact, the only way I can even make anything look decent is if I trace it. It's sad, I know. So I'm calling in a favor!   


     So...I am having trouble locating some good cover art for Cursed Secrets. Although I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but once I see it there won't be anything else. However my problem is finding something I can use commercially. If I could draw it would be perfect, but unfortunately since I don't want it to look like my six year old son drew it (no offense to him I love everything he does!) I'm out of luck. All in all I need some help.
     
     Here are a few key things I am looking for in the cover art: 
1) a female character with brown hair & hazelnut (brown) eyes 
2) possibly wearing a something with a hood 
3) her skin glowing a faint white with an "electric" effect playing under the glow
4) graphics of "wind" swirling around her
5) it would be preferable if the wind peaked into the howling head of a white wolf (foreshadowing here!)

     I know this is a tall order, but I'm hoping someone might be able to pull through for me. Any original works will be credited as the illustrator for the book and if there is a fee involved with this we may be able to negotiate as long as it's reasonable (I'm self publishing people!). If something is located online, the copyrights must be checked as to whether it's available for commercial distribution. 

     Hopefully I can get some help here from some of my friends! In the meantime I will keep looking and if I find something I will post for suggestions (your feedback is must appreciated!). If anyone finds or draws anything that meet any of the above descriptions, please either post or send me a link! 

     Thanks for helping!


1 comment:

  1. Try Char Marie on Bookrix- she did the Dance of the desert flower series. Her covers sound exactly like what you want! And she pretty much rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line!