Lisa Logue Books

Saturday, July 12, 2014

So Far

Photo courtesy of thebacklot.com

Sadly, this post has nothing to do with Supernatural. That will come later! No, this post is about the progress of book #3. Here's the road so far...




Currently, I am inching closer to the half-way point in this novel. I'm trying to keep the main plot pretty much under wraps because I don't really know where everything is headed yet. I don't want to spoil my most recently surge of inspiration. So here's a glimpse of my progress...


Not too shabby, considering I haven't written much in the last...oh, I dunno...three months? Talk about being in a lull! I will be posting more and more updates as I close in on finishing this novel. I've never been more excited and apprehensive about a book. Believe it or not, this one has me more nervous that the first one. Anyway, I digress. 

Here's a little somethin' to keep you guessing :)

Breathlessly, I let go of my vampire-warrior lover and laid down on the stone bench next to Josiah. I was surprised that he didn’t say anything. Instead, he stared blankly at the ceiling, refusing to acknowledge anyone else in the room. It must have hurt to see all the love being shared, and not an ounce of it was for him. I almost wished it could be different. Almost.

Austin began the incantation. The language was completely foreign to me. It sounded like a mixture of Latin and Chinese. The more I concentrated, the clearer the words became and I realized he was speaking Elvish. Luz would be proud, I thought as I started drifting.

A body and a soul, existing as one.
Spliced and separate, two are done.
One to journey, one to stay.
Midnight comes, that way they’ll stay.

Stay tuned for more updates and goodies!

xoxoxo
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!