Lisa Logue Books

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Beautiful Creatures {Review}

I'm usually not one to jump on the "hype" band-wagon, but I was intrigued by what I'd heard about Beautiful Creatures. It took a little bit of time for me to get into the book, but once I dove in it was hard to put down. The only complaint I have about the book is that the constant descriptions of the narrow-minded view of the folks in Gatlin and how the main character views them became redundant. After hearing about it a few dozen times, the point is taken.

There was nothing about the story in itself that I would want to change. It's refreshing to have a different type of point of view than the normal paranormal books (yes, this also includes my own!). I love to read stories like this and learn different techniques for possible future projects. Anyway, I definitely give this book a solid 4 out of 5 stars. 




P.S- The movie wasn't bad either! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!