Lisa Logue Books

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A breath of fresh air

I've been buried in work lately! From school to writing and my "real" job, it seems I stay glued to the internet. As the days tick on, I still struggle with time management, but I don't think I'm doing too badly as I'm reaching my deadlines pretty steadily. I'm working on the first novella from the LOS series called Fire & Ice with the hope that I can release it by the end of June-ish. I still have a bit to do to polish it up, but I'm hoping it will be a good way to hold all of you over until Binding Secrets comes out. At least that's what my hopes are!

My graphic artist is still working on compiling some great cover samples for you all and as soon as I get them I will post for everyone to vote on their favorite! This is a big step for me as I'm usually super protective over my work, but I know you all will choose the right one ;). 

Follow the jump break to read a sample of Fire & Ice and let me know what you think! Remember, you can find out about all my books and work from my website as well as following me on Facebook and Twitter. See you in a few days!

 
Fire & Ice (Teaser)

"Aren't you just darling? What is your name?" she looked me over.

"Christian Mason. At least that's who I was," I answered in a whisper. I was so hungry. She smelled of fresh blood, making my chest ache.

"Oh no, you're still you. You've just gotten a second chance is all. Now you can do all the things you never thought possible, the world is your oyster!" she clapped her hands in delight.

"I'm sorry, I can't see how that's true. I don't feel like myself," I buried my head in my hands.

"Now, now, don't be so glum. How long has it been since you've eaten, sweetie?"

"I'm not sure. I don't want to kill anyone. I can't," I shook my head viciously.

"Once you learn what to do, it won't hurt them. They'll even like it," she patted my shoulder lightly. I wasn't sure why I followed her, but I did. I watched her graceful movements in awe. Her gown billowed as she walked, or rather glided over the ground.

"My name is Jasmine. I can show you all you need to know about being a vampire, if you so choose. Without me you might just kill all our food. We can't have that, now can we?" she spoke over her shoulder.

I shook my head, "How can you speak of it that way? They're people! What I've done is vile. If I knew how to kill myself I would have done it weeks ago!"

"It's a shame you feel that way. You're simply young. Let me show you what to do, then you can make your choice. Fair?" she stared at me with piercing blue eyes.

There was something about the way she looked at me. Those eyes held many lifetimes of stories and knowledge. Was I willing to pay the price of trusting a stranger? Although the bargain she offered was an open one, there were implications in making that type of agreement. In the end the only question was if I was strong enough to walk away. Of course I wasn't. I'd barely eaten in days. I needed her and she knew it.

"Fine, I'll stay. I want to learn how to stop killing people," I confessed.

"Oh, how sweet. I'm afraid that's not always avoidable," she started walking again, beckoning me to follow. 

"I will do my best to show you the proper way to feed. I rarely kill anyone these days, but I'm not beyond playing with my food."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!