Lisa Logue Books

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Second edit down!

So after about two weeks of editing, I finally finished the second round tonight. I've sent it off for review and hopefully I will hear something in the next few days. All that's left (if nothing else needs editing) is the chapter formatting. Other than the manuscript there are some little ins and outs that need to be completed and of course my cover art. All of these things are coming together in such an awesome way it's mind-blowing! I've included a short excerpt from Cursed Secrets after the jump as a special treat. Enjoy!


     “I’m so sorry. I know I’ve said that a lot lately, but I haven’t meant it more than I do right now. I should have explained things better from the beginning” she put her finger to my lips.
          
     Our eyes locked, holding the moment captive. Her finger traced my bottom lip, down my chin and around the back of my neck. She leaned into me, gently pressing her lips to mine. All the pressure and emotions that were built up inside me exploded and I returned her kiss with fervor.

     My hand wound in her hair again and she moaned as I tugged lightly. I groaned when I felt her hot skin beneath my lips while I traveled her neck and shoulders. So much of her was exposed, I had to control the impulse to claim her as my own. I couldn't risk it. Even indulging in her kisses was too much.
           
Lia & Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!