Lisa Logue Books

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beautiful Darkness {Review}

The first half of this book annoyed me. It wasn't that it was bad or poorly written, it was because the story was taking too long. There were obvious queues in the bulk of the book that didn't come to fruition until much later and I was borderline tearing my hair out while I waited for it all to happen. The wait was worth it, but I still would have enjoyed a bit of a faster pace.

Once I passed the annoying parts, I was finding myself rushing to the end. I definitely loved how the book ended and how all of those annoying strings finally tied together into a beautifully dysfunctional bow. I genuinely like Ethan, although I wish he'd be less of a boy sometimes! I don't know how thrilled I am to continue reading the series if the remaining books are as slow as this one was, but I'm going to muscle through anyway!




I give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!