Lisa Logue Books

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Some say I'm a dreamer....

I was seven years old and reading short stories out of a journal to my class. It was clear that my imagination was leaps and bounds matured over my peers due to the nature of my stories. I fabricated a story about an alcoholic husband who beat his wife, but never in my short life had I ever witnessed such a thing. I just thought it made for good conflict. I was seven, let's not forget.

Fast forward a few years and poetry became my art. I had so many journals with countless poems, it was a wonder I could keep up with them all. A few were even published through contests held by my school. It was pretty clear I had a calling.

Throughout that whole time, reading was like a drug. Except it did the opposite from most drugs; it fueled my imagination and desire to become what I'd been working toward. I didn't fully begin to embrace this truth until much later in life. Having children, a divorce, a crazy ex and life in shambles had me turning to my old friend; books! 

Finally, I decided to give it a go. I wanted to see if I could do it. I needed to see if I could do it. Mostly just to prove to myself that I was worth something. I needed to show that I wasn't just a bum whose life was down the toilet; I had something inside that no one could take away. So I started and didn't stop. I put my pen to paper or my hands to a keyboard and didn't stop. 

A series was born that day - Legacy of Secrets. It may not be the best or the brightest, but it's still mine. I have a love-hate relationship with it, but mostly because I wasn't sure how to continue at times. Fiery Secrets took me about a year to finish, just because nothing felt right. This next book is flowing freely, but that usually means I'm going to have a harder time keeping within the requirements. The last book - Shattered Secrets - I've not even begun, but I already know it will be epic. Why? Because it has to be.

Legacy of Secrets will see its end in 2016. I will complete the saga that has been told and then retold several times over the last eight years. It will always be my first, being as how I popped my publishing cherry with it, but it will by far be the last. There's more to come in 2016. You'll have more to read, whether you like it or not. 

Here's to a brand new year with brand new dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!