Lisa Logue Books

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

NaNoWriMo, here I come!

Many authors participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which takes place the month of November every year. The general idea is that you have 30 days to write 50,000 words, which is the standard size of a novel. Some people write more, which I tend to be one of those people, but as long as the work is 50,000 words or more, you're in business!

I tried to participate last year, but being newly engaged ended up slamming the door on NaNoWriMo for me (our wedding was 9/20/14!) since I was more concerned with wedding planning. That's left me with a book that's not quite 50% finished and the indecision of whether to use NaNoWriMo to finish it or to complete a different project altogether. I mean, there are so many!

Fiery Secrets is starting to come along nicely, but I'm still some time away from finishing. It will be finished this year, but I'm not sure if it's right for NaNoWriMo. I've worked hard on making sure this book is just right, I'm not sure I want to take that chance of feeling rushed to keep the NaNoWriMo deadline. At the same time, I need to just shut up and do it already!

Then, I think about some of the other story ideas I've had:

Fern Flower- A Fantasy/Adventure novel about the quest for the flower that could save the lives of many in the wake of a plague.

Romancing the Shrew- Contemporary Romance about a less than graceful single mom testing her chances at love

Ancient Blood- A Paranormal Fantasy about vampires and humans uniting in a war against The Underworld

Ruination- Sci-fi/Fantasy novel about a dystopian Earth, ravaged by a zombie-like pandemic and the non-surface dwellers who find themselves in the middle of something more dangerous than the disease itself 

I literally have countless other story ideas, these are just a few of the more developed. I also have Chasers, which is a serial story on Wattpad, in case you've missed it :)

You see my dilemma? So many stories just begging to be written! I can't make up my mind. What do you guys want to read next? Which stories should indefinitely be put on the back burner? Should I just stop writing altogether? 

Any thoughts?.....at all??? 


Lisa
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!