Lisa Logue Books

Friday, May 30, 2014

Anew

Hello lovelies!! It has been quite a month for me. I was very sick for two weeks, so sick in fact that I could do nothing but Netflix binge for about ten days. Doesn't seem so bad except it was an impromptu vaca that I definitely would have rather taken on a beach somewhere without the feeling yucky part. I guess it's just that time of year.

So, I've been pretty busy this week. Not only have I started finishing Fiery Secrets, but I've begun story boarding the remainder of the series and putting together my marketing package for the rest of this year. While I've started out slower than intended, I think things are finally picking up! I'll have more updates and information over the next few weeks. I'm expecting (if the planets align just so) to have Fiery Secrets completed before the end of June. I know I've said this like a BILLION times, but the difference this time is that I've changed the plot! I was trying to include too much into the story and it was driving me insane. After the decision to cut some of it out, I have been able to write without the anxiety. Guess I should have done that months ago, huh?

I'll leave you all with a new FS sneak peek. Catch you all soon!

xoxoxo
Lisa



“You’re insane. No, there isn’t a spell like that. Not to mention, even if there was I’d never do that to you. Christ, Lia! After everything I just witnessed you going through, you’d want me to kill you?” He shook his head and threw his hands in the air. “Of all the plans, you choose to go to the one place no one has even come back from. What makes you think you’d get back?”
I watched his jerky movements. The veins on the side of his neck were strained. Each day he stayed with us became harder and harder to endure. “You.”
He blinked hard, “What about me?”
“If I don’t come back, you’ll never be free of this curse. I can’t let that happen. I can’t let you go back. He’ll do terrible things to you and it will be my fault. The only way to make sure that doesn’t happen is to break this covenant so you never have to go back.”
Austin sighed and took my hand, “You don’t owe me anything, Lia. This covenant isn’t something you can just wish away. I’ve been dealing with it for six hundred years and trust me when I say I’ve tried everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!