Lisa Logue Books

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Melynda Price- Guest Author!

Melynda Price
Author of Until Darkness Comes

    An avid lover of paranormal romance, Melynda was inspired to write her own series after reading the Book of Enoch. She’s always had a fascination with stories about angels, and the role they’ve played in the history of our multi-dimensional world. 

   She attended Bethel University in Minnesota and graduated in 2003, holding AA, ASN and BSN degrees. She lives in Northern Minnesota where she has plenty of snow-filled days to curl up in front of the fireplace with her Chihuahua, and a hot cup of coffee, to write. She’s blessed with two amazing children, and a wonderful husband of seventeen years.








Melynda may have a strange sense of humor, but her ability to see things differently undoubtedly lends itself to her writing.  Sometimes having an overactive imagination can be the ticket to a successful author.  Let's see what else Melynda has to offer...

What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
I love creating and world building. Being an author of paranormal romance, I get to create characters that are larger than life and stretch beyond the borders of our world as we know it. My only challenge is to make the unbelievable believable. I love it when someone asks me, “Is that really a place, or did that really happen?” Then I know I’ve done my job well.

What genres and authors might we find you reading?
I only read Paranormal Romance and I prefer series. It’s so sad when a good book ends, I like series because it keeps the characters alive. The bigger the book the better, I don’t like investing my time into a shooting star story. I want development, strong plotting and believable world building—that takes time

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
There are a few messages in my Redemption Series that I hope come through strong. First, true love often requires sacrifice. Second, we all make mistakes. Third, it’s never too late for second chances.

What other careers have you had?
Well, I was a rocket scientist and a brain surgeon at Mayo Hospital, but, ultimately, I’ve found that writing is my true calling

What are some miscellaneous facts about you that others might find interesting?  
  1. I have a very sick sense of humor. My daughter even has a facebook page called “Things Mother’s Should Never Say To Their Daughters.” 
  2. My Chihuahua is named Ren. Yes, from Ren and Stimpy.  
  3. I’ve been on seven wine tasting events in California with my brother and sisters, and an $8 bottle of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot is still my favorite.  
  4. I love slapstick comedy and laugh inappropriately when people get injured, especially my kids. They don’t find it nearly as amusing as I do. They’ve stopped getting mad at me for being so insensitive and usually join in after they’ve finished crying, lol.  
  5. I have horrible fashion sense. My favorite outfit is sweatpants and a t-shit. My daughter dresses me when I have to go out in public.  
  6. I wasn’t really a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon. I just made that up, because I’m rather good at making sh!t up.

Currently, Melynda is working on the next book in the Redemption Series. Keep up with her for updates and more information about her and her books!
 



You can find Melynda at the following links:
    Website: www.melyndaprice.com

 





Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll be adding your book, and several others, to my TBR list. Hope to see you again soon! 
~Lisa Logue
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line!